Roosevelt Care Center Edison
Since 1936, Roosevelt Care Center at Edison has continued to redefine itself, responding to the medical needs of area residents with all the resources available. A product of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's Works Project Administration, the original facility was constructed as a tuberculosis hospital, treating thousand over the course of more than decade.
Seeing the growing needs of the area's aging population, Roosevelt was converted into a long term care facility in the 1950s.
Over time, the operation began to change and grow in an effort to meet an increasing public demand. In 1964, an annex building located on Parsonage Road was added to the campus. Another 250-bed expansion to the former hospital was completed 1982. With those additions, Roosevelt was able to establish its hospice program in the late 1980s and its sub-acute (rehabilitation) services in the late 1990s. By May 2005, the administration established a second 180-bed facility at the Parsonage Road location.
Roosevelt Care Center at Edison | 118 Parsonage Road | Edison, New Jersey 08837 | Phone: 732-321-6800
Roosevelt Care Center at Old Bridge | 1133 Marlboro Road | Old Bridge, New Jersey 08857 | Phone: 732-360-9830
Roosevelt Care Center is operated by the Middlesex County Improvement Authority